NON-SURGICAL FAT REDUCTION in Austin
CoolSculpting targets unwanted fat with a permanent, non-invasive approach.* Meridian Plastic Surgery recommends the procedure for people who want to sculpt and tone a small area of their body and who don’t have time for a lengthy recovery.
Austin CoolSculpting patients generally choose the treatment to:
- Eliminate pockets of fat that aren’t responsive enough to diet and exercise.
- Reduce love handles and the abdominal area.
- Benefit from targeted fat loss without surgical downtime and without anesthesia.
Get a general overview about treatment, and then schedule an initial consultation with Meridian Plastic Surgery to find out whether CoolSculpting is right for you.
HOW COOLSCULPTING WORKS
CoolSculpting’s unique technology freezes and eliminates unwanted fat cells without surgery or downtime. It provides lasting and effective results, and, as with all of the tools and medical techniques Dr. Tjelmeland employs, it is FDA approved.
In the CoolSculpting procedure:
- You and Dr. Tjelmeland start by discussing the goals you want to achieve. Then, you select areas of your body that you’d like him to treat.
- He positions the CoolSculpting device on your body and applies controlled cooling. The procedure is non-invasive; many CoolScuplting patients choose to nap, read a magazine, watch TV, or play on their phone during the application.
- While your top layers of skin remain unchanged, the fat cells inside your body are eliminated. Over the next few weeks, your immune response will clear the fat cells out of your body.
The procedure is non-surgical, and you can return to work and regular activities immediately after treatment.
COMPARING COOLSCULPTING AND LIPOSUCTION
Dr. Tjelmeland can discuss with you whether CoolSculpting or liposuction is a better fit for your goals:
- If you have small areas of fat that you want to eliminate, CoolSculpting may be the right choice. Typically, it removes about 22-25% of the fat cells in the area it targets. Further sessions may provide even better results (about 50% fat removal).
- Liposuction can remove about 75% of the fat in the area. If you want more toned knees or thighs (or other larger areas of the body), liposuction may be a better fit.
For many Austin patients, CoolScuplting’s promise of a non-invasive, no-downtime procedure provides all the benefits they require. If you’d like to learn more about your options, we invite you to contact our practice.
Call Meridian Plastic Surgery’s Austin office at 512-617-7500 for an initial consultation, or use our online form.
*Individual results may vary