NON-SURGICAL FAT REDUCTION IN AUSTIN
If you’ve always wanted a slimmer and sleeker physique, but you just can’t seem to get rid of stubborn pockets of fat, it can feel defeating. After all, you put so much work into how you look and feel. Why don’t you see the results you so desperately want? It just doesn’t seem fair, does it?
Well, Dr. Tjelmeland of Meridian Plastic Surgery Center may just have found the answer to your dreams, and it’s called CoolSculpting. This non-invasive procedure freezes and kills fat cells, so they are gone forever! That’s right, CoolSculpting eliminates fat cells without any surgery whatsoever.
It seems too good to be true. How can you possibly eliminate fat cells forever without additional dieting, exercising or surgery? You may think this is an unbelievable option, but it is a reality. CoolSculpting is an amazing procedure that can help you say “goodbye” to fat cells forever during a procedure that can be conveniently performed during your lunch break with no needles, no knives, and no downtime!
CoolSculpting targets unwanted fat with a permanent, non-invasive approach.* Meridian Plastic Surgery Center recommends the procedure for people who want to sculpt and tone a small area of their body and who don’t have time for a lengthy recovery. CoolSculpting is also a great way for Austin men and women to get their feet wet by trying out a cosmetic procedure. Coolsculpting contours the body and rids patients of unwanted fat without diving head first into plastic surgery for those patients who have never had any surgical procedures performed before and may be nervous to go under the knife. CoolSculpting is also a way to sculpt the body if, due to other medical reasons such as an allergy to anesthesia, you aren’t a candidate for other fat-removing cosmetic surgeries such as liposuction.
Dr. Tjelmelands CoolSculpting patients in Austin usually choose the procedure to:
- Eliminate pockets of fat that are not responsive enough to diet and exercise.
- Reduce love handles and excess fat in the abdominal area.
- Target areas of fat without surgical downtime and without
Get a general overview of treatment, and then schedule an initial consultation with Meridian Plastic Surgery to find out whether CoolSculpting is right for you.
HOW COOLSCULPTING WORKS
CoolSculpting’s unique technology freezes and eliminates unwanted fat cells without surgery or downtime. Amazing, isn’t it?! It provides lasting and effective results, and as with all of the tools and medical techniques Dr. Tjelmeland employs, it is FDA approved.
During your CoolSculpting session, you and Dr. Tjelmeland will:
- Begin your session by discussing the goals you want to achieve. Then, you select areas of your body that you’d like him to treat with the CoolSculpting applicator.
- Dr. Tjelmeland will position the CoolSculpting device on your body and apply controlled cooling. The procedure is non-invasive. While some Austin patients describe the procedure initially as very cold, many CoolSculpting patients choose to nap, read a magazine, watch TV, or play on their phone during the application.
- While your top layers of skin remain unchanged, the fat cells inside your body are eliminated. Over the next few weeks, your body will naturally clear away the treated fat cells.
The procedure is non-surgical, and you can return to work and regular activities immediately after treatment. This means you can come in for a CoolSculpting procedure on your lunch break, and head straight back to work the very same day without anyone being the wiser!
COMPARING COOLSCULPTING AND LIPOSUCTION
Dr. Tjelmeland can discuss with you whether CoolSculpting or liposuction is a better fit for your goals:
- If you have small areas of fat that you want to eliminate, CoolSculpting may be the right choice. Typically, it removes about 22-25% of the fat cells in the area it targets. Further sessions may provide even better results (about 50% fat removal).
- Liposuction can remove about 75% of the fat in the area. If you want more toned knees or thighs (or other larger areas of the body), liposuction may be a better fit.
- If you are a smoker or otherwise aren’t a candidate for liposuction due to a medical condition, for example, CoolSculpting may be able to deliver the results you want.
For many Austin patients, CoolSculpting’s promise of a non-invasive, zero-downtime procedure provides all the benefits they require. If you’d like to learn more about your options, we invite you to contact our practice.
FAQS FOR COOLSCULPTING
Austin patients that first discover CoolSculpting often are amazed by the technology and have a lot of questions. Here are a few of the most common ones that we hear.
- Is CoolSculpting painful? – The answer to this question is “it depends.” Some of our Austin patients report that CoolSculpting is not painful at all–in fact, many of them read, watch movies, and even nap while the procedure is performed. But other patients experience some discomfort during the very first few minutes of the CoolSculpting procedure. They often describe it as a very cold
- What happens to the frozen fat cells? – The fat cells that are targeted during a CoolSculpting session actually die after they are frozen using CoolSculpting technology. From there, your body will naturally get rid of them over the next 6 While diet and exercise can help to shrink fat cells, with CoolSculpting you’re eliminating them completely. That means those fat cells are gone for good!
- Do I need to take vitamins or supplements to get CoolSculpting? – Absolutely not. The CoolSculpting procedure is not a weight loss program or fad diet. You don’t need to take any kind of pills or supplements to get incredible results.
- Are my results permanent with CoolSculpting? – Austin CoolSculpting patients will have fewer fat cells in the targeted areas permanently. However, there are obviously still fat cells in your body that can gain weight and enlarge if you don’t maintain your weight.
- What happens if I gain weight after my session? – Patients who gain weight after CoolSculpting will also notice more fat around their body even if they’ve had CoolSculpting. The fat gain will be distributed evenly around the body. For patients to maintain their results, they should continue eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly.
- How safe is CoolSculpting? – Austin patients can get incredibly safe and fast fat reduction with CoolSculpting. It is FDA-approved to reduce fat in the thighs, tummy, and even the chin!
- When can I see results from CoolSculpting? Most of our patients will begin to see some of their results after 3 However, most of our patients experience the complete effects of Coolsculpting after 2 or 3 months.
- How long is the recovery period for CoolSculpting? – That’s one of the great parts about CoolSculpting: there is no recovery period! Most of our patients can return to their normal routine immediately after the procedure.
- What are the most common side effects? – After the CoolSculpting procedure, some of our Austin patients experience swelling, numbness, redness, bruising, and tingling. But these usually do not last for very long. There are some other rare side effects that patients will discuss with Dr. Tjelmeland.
- How long does CoolSculpting take? – The actual CoolSculpting procedure will last about an hour. Most of our patients get 2 treatments, but the number of sessions you’ll require will all depend on your unique situation and the individualized treatment plan you and Dr. Tjelmeland have prepared. Dr. Tjelmeland will usually schedule one treatment and then wait several weeks, usually 4 to 6 weeks, to schedule the next.
- Am I a good candidate for CoolSculpting? – If you have excess fat that won’t respond to diet and exercise, then yes, you are a considered a good candidate for CoolSculpting. However, Austin patients should first understand that CoolSculpting is not a weight loss procedure. Instead, CoolSculpting is used to remove stubborn pockets of fat that won’t go away with steady diet and exercise. During your consultation with Dr. Tjelmeland, he will discuss your medical history with you and perform an examination to make sure you are a good candidate.
CALL TODAY TO GET STARTED ON YOUR JOURNEY
If, after reading this information, you have any additional questions about the CoolSculpting procedure, we’d love to hear from you. CoolSculpting is such an exciting new procedure; we just can’t help but want to talk about it! Call Meridian Plastic Surgery Center’s Austin office at (512) 617-7500 for an initial consultation, or use our online form to inquire electronically.
*Individual results may vary