May 15, 2015
At Meridian Plastic Surgery, our goal for Austin breast reduction patients is more than decreasing the size of their breasts. It’s creating a more attractive shape and appearance, achieving a more comfortable size and proportions, and eliminating symptoms such as neck and back pain.
Here’s an overview of Dr. Tjelmeland’s process…
Initial Consultation for Breast Reduction Surgery
Start by scheduling a discussion with Dr. Tjelmeland. During your visit, he will:
- Learn what you want to accomplish with breast reduction surgery.
- Explain how the procedure works.
- Conduct a physical examination.
- Recommend a surgical approach.
Together, you’ll develop an understanding of what a successful outcome looks like, and Dr. Tjelmeland will tailor your procedure to your specific needs and goals.
The Day of Your Austin Breast Reduction Procedure
In your surgery, Dr. Tjelmeland will remove breast tissue and skin to make your breasts smaller, lighter, and firmer. He will also:
- Shape the breasts so that they suit your frame better.
- Lift the breast by eliminating excess tissue. This positions your breasts in a more comfortable and youthful position.
- Depending on your needs, reduce the size of the areola so that it is well-proportioned to the new breasts.
Dr. Tjelmeland accomplishes these steps by making incisions around the areola; vertically below the nipple; and in the fold under the breast. He may also reposition the nipple to provide greater symmetry.
Typically, these incisions leave scars that fade over time and that are not visible when you are wearing a bikini, bra, or low-cut top. The changes that Dr. Tjelmeland makes should provide you with greater comfort and an attractive contour.
If you are ready for greater comfort and confidence and want to learn more about breast reduction, contact Meridian Plastic Surgery. Call our Austin practice at 512-617-7500, or use our online form.