After pregnancy, you may notice significant changes to your body, and despite exercise and dieting, you may find it difficult to return to your pre-pregnancy shape.
Rejuvenate your body with a mommy makeover from Meridian Plastic Surgery in Austin. We combine several different procedures to address your unique needs. Among other improvements, Dr. Tjelmeland can help Austin mommy makeover patients:
- Sculpt their midsection with a more attractive contour.
- Eliminate stubborn areas of fat.
- Restore lift and volume to their breasts.
Explore the process and see how our practice can help you achieve your personal beauty goals.
How Our Mommy Makeover Works
In your initial consultation with Dr. Tjelmeland, you will discuss the areas of your body you want to change and what you want to accomplish. Dr. Tjelmeland will answer your questions about mommy makeover surgery, conduct an examination, and recommend specific procedures for your needs.
Typically, mommy makeovers include:
- Breast augmentation and/or breast lift surgery: After pregnancy, the breasts can begin to sag, reduce in volume, and lose elasticity. Our procedures counteract these effects.
- Tummy tuck surgery: It’s common for pregnancy to stretch out the abdominal muscles and skin. A tummy tuck tightens our abdomen, eliminates loose skin from your midsection, and provides you with a flatter, slimmer appearance. Dr. Tjelmeland can also improve your C-section scar as part of the surgery.
- Liposuction: Surgery can remove fat from the abdomen, hips, and thighs, among other areas.
Your experience will depend on the surgeries that you choose with Dr. Tjelmeland’s guidance. Procedures take place on an outpatient basis in our accredited and licensed Austin surgical center, so you can recover at home when you’re out of surgery.
Recovery From a Mommy Makeover
As a mother, you likely want to reduce your downtime after mommy makeover surgery as much as possible. The Meridian Plastic Surgery team can talk with you about what to expect in your recovery depending on the procedures you select.
In most cases, we recommend that Austin patients plan ahead so that you have effective coverage after surgery. Whether this means getting time away from work or extra help at home with young children, having support will help you recover more quickly and effectively.
To aid in your recuperation, Dr. Tjelmeland uses advanced techniques and tools, including the Harmonic® scalpel. This reduces pain, swelling, and inflammation during recovery. He and our staff are also available before, during, and after your procedure to answer your questions and help you enjoy the benefits of your surgery as soon as possible: a slimmer, sleeker body and restored appearance.
Contact Meridian Plastic Surgery for an initial consultation about your mommy makeover. Call our Austin offices at 512-617-7500, or use our online form.